Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I worked on my Color Theory Class using Illumination. The goal is to get parts of the quilt to appear to glow, either with much brighter colors or outstanding colors (i.e. pure light colors on a black background). I used a pattern that appeared in the current American Quilter called fractures to try out breaking up a flower. I think that it came out decently but I would not fuse again (she suggests using 1/8 inch seams) and would stick to the 1.5 inch squares. I am also going to show a larger quilt piece that I completed two years ago - I altered a shoofly block to get the effect. I am also trying to put a penguin picture together using the sun to create the effect but I am having problems with it - instead spending time working on my quilt guild's brown bag exchange.

1 comment:

domestika said...

Your quilts are simply gorgeous! Thanks for laving a comment on my blog so that I could come over here and discover yours -- it's all so inspiring for someone like me just tentatively taking her first tiny step into the quilt world!