Sunday, April 23, 2006

The wedding is over and was quite successful. Had a fun drive from Denver to Kansas City through a series of tornado storms, spent more time with my brother and sister-in-law than I had for over twenty years (and had fun), saw lots of family and watched a fun wedding. Yes, my sister, you can have a victory dance. The dogs survived their kennelling with few problems and I was able to get back to quilting with an easy mind. Had another double complement piece to do so I used the paintings by Tarvay as the basis for some resting woman. I included a small memory of Zac in the piece since he died during its creation. Got to say that my quilting work has improved greatly. I got to include some silk ribbon work which I am just learning but it seemed to get lost in the larger picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your "Ladies" quilt! Great job.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. We put down our 12-year old Akita one year ago; it devastated us but was the best thing for her. I'm sure you felt the same. Much aloha,