Wednesday, December 08, 2010

During the summer I took a mini landscape class from Quilt University (quiltuniversity.com) from Susan Britten. I would recommend the classes there - they feel very personal even though it is on line because the instructors are so interactive. I spent most of the summer making little minlandscapes and some of them have made it to the walls of my house.
This little mountain quilt (9" by 12") was donated to Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) through a Quilt Show taping. The quilt made it to the Houston Show and was sold for ~$85.00. I am very proud of this one.
I left the patterns provided by the class and made one from a photo I took last spring in the Grand Tetons. The Tetons and Yellowstone were an amazing trip and I plan on going back again before the snow totally melts - Yellowstone was basically empty and you could hear the land speak.

No comments: