Saturday, December 18, 2010

Family and Sea Turtles December 18, 2010

My sister Roz has refound my blog and read my recent entries.  I do not know why it easier for me to think of strangers reading my words than family but I do.  I told Roz that (at least I know I have one reader now) and she does not understand it either.
I do not mind being alone in the world, I am rarely lonely.  She is my closest family (along with her family) and is about 2500 miles away.  I have chosen this life but sometimes it is not easy.  On the other hand, I did not find marriage all that pleasant either.

However, I have done a lot of work in the past few years and I like the idea of being able to slowly show it off to my sister and others.

So on to quilting.  I get into moods and during the Mississippi Gulf Oil Spill many of my coworkers went off to the south to help. Since I work for the National Park Service, I helped from my desk.  I did feel the need to make three sea turtles and gave one to a coworker when she came back (the bottom turtle).  Here are pictures of the other two.



No comments: